Does silicone rubber shrink with heat?
Polymers like silicone rubber shrink on heating as their molecular chains curl up. Silicone is an elastomer with a large thermal expansion coefficient. Therefore, when making and design the molds of silicone rubber products, the shrinkage rate should be considered. Due to the different shrinkage rates of different materials, the size can be increased or decreased according to the situation.
Contact us now!
- Is silicone electrically insulating or conductive?
- How does silicone rubber stick to different surfaces?
- What is the shelf life of silicone-rubber made products?
- Is silicone rubber recyclable?
- Is silicone rubber flame retardant?
- Is silicone rubber waterproof?
- Is silicone rubber food grade?
- Is silicone rubber thermally conductive?
- Is silicone rubber safe?
- What are the applications of silicone rubber?