Silicone Rubber Keypads
- As an aesthetic solution for post-process
- Good and soft grip touch
- Save assembly cost
- Parts to be bond together tightly
Co-molding is also called overmolding. It refers two materials to bond, which usually are a hard material like ABS and a soft material like rubber. However, it could be two same soft materials to bond together depending on the melting temperature.
The overmolding process is utilized for a number of reasons that vary according to the specifics of the particular project. Common materials include toothbrushes, tool handgrips and anythings wanted to combine both materials instead of assembling or gluing.
BENEFITS OF SILICONE OVERMOLDING
- Cost and time savings —By molding soft silicone directly onto a hard silicone or plastic substrate, you’ll save the expense and time required to assemble a complex part manually. This can dramatically reduce your manufacturing costs and turnaround time, allowing you to get your product to market more economically.
- Design flexibility —We are able to meet the complex design requirements of the automotive and medical industries by compression molding. Silicone rubber overmolding produces parts that are waterproof, airtight, and more resistant to shock and vibrations.
- Quality control —The overmolding process offers high tolerance and strict quality control, making it suitable for use in any application where precision is required.